- About this policy
This policy (together with our terms of service (which you can find here) and any other documents referred to in them) sets out how we will use any personal information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, when you use the Spotters app and/or our website (our “Service”).
Please read this policy carefully to ensure that you understand how we will use your personal information. By using our Service, you are agreeing to the practices described in this policy.
- Who we are
We are Spotters Global Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 10646795. Our registered office is at 129 Mount Grace Road, Potters Bar, England, EN6 1QY.
- How to contact us
If you have a question about this policy or how we use your personal information, or if you wish to exercise your rights over your personal information, you can contact us by email at email@example.com or by telephone on +447885984237.
- Information we collect from you
We will collect and use the following information about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by signing up for an account with us, and adding information to your profile. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Service, subscribe to our Service, participate in discussion boards, upload any photos or videos to your profile, or use any other social media functions on our Service. The information you give us may include your name, username, e-mail address, phone number, hometown, location, gender, date of birth, season stats, photographs, videos, comments, written posts, school, preferred foot, preferred position, your player stats, favourite team, favourite player, football boots, name of the club you play for, and name of the team you play for. If you are under 13 we will also collect the name and phone number of a parent so that we can ensure that you have parental permission to use our Service and to provide us with your personal information.
- Information we receive about you from Facebook. If you choose to register to use our Service using your Facebook account, Facebook will provide us with certain information from your Facebook profile, including your name, profile picture (if you have made it public), email address, country of residence, nationality, date of birth and gender.
- Information we collect about you. When you use our app we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information about your use, including the Internet protocol (IP) address you use to connect to the Internet, your login information, your device operating system e.g. IOS or Android, browser type and version.
- Other information about your use, including products you viewed or searched for and the advertisements you click on.
- How we use the information we collect from you
We use information we hold about you in the following ways:
- To operate and administer our Service, including maintaining your user account and informing you of relevant changes to it.
- The information that you put on your profile will be accessible to others using our Service. They will be able to view your profile and posts, and to add reactions and make comments on your posts. You will have the option of making your profile private. If you choose to make your profile private, your height and weight, location, school and hometown will be hidden. Your posts will be hidden to other users, although they will still be visible to professional football clubs and academies.
- Other users of our Service, for example football clubs and sporting brands, may put advertisements on our Service which will be visible to you. We will not advertise to you directly by email.
- We can use anything you post on Spotters. We can show off your posts and/or use them to create new content, which we may also post and share. If you choose not to make your posts shareable, we will no longer possess this right.
- To improve our Service and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our Service safe and secure.
- Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- As part of our Service we may share your information with selected third parties for the purposes of administering our Service and allowing you to benefit from the functioning of our Service. These third parties include:
- Professional football clubs and academies
- Professional sporting brands
- Sports media companies
- Should we need to outsource any of our business operations to external providers, we may share your information to the extent necessary to enable them to perform the activities that we have subcontracted to them. We remain the data controller responsible for what they do with your information, and for ensuring that your personal information is dealt with in accordance with the law.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if we are obliged to do so by law, or in order to enforce or protect our rights or those of others.
- Where we store your personal data
We only transfer and store your information within the United Kingdom and European Economic Area. If we make changes to those arrangements in future, we will do so in accordance with the law and will ensure that your rights remain protected.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We do our best to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Service. This means that any transmission is at your own risk.
- Your rights
If you want us to stop using your personal information, you may delete your account. Once your account is deleted, we will stop processing your personal information and it will be deleted from our systems.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our advertisers and affiliates. If you choose to follow a link and visit any of these websites, they will have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the policies contained on these websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. If you want to exercise this right, you will need to submit a written request to us. We may ask you to pay a fee of £10 to meet our costs for providing you with information about the personal data we hold about you.